Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ruff Ruff escapes and lands in trouble with council

I came home today to find Ruff Ruff out on the front footpath, happily greeting me. Ruff had escaped from under the fence. A pot plant had been moved and she was able to get under the fence. I was unhappy but still took them for a walk. When I arrived back there was a red council van outside our property. I knew there was trouble, Ruff Ruff had been reported for attacking another dog with their owners. The pound officer had to inspect our yard to look at the fence and is going to issue us with a notice to repair the fence.We have 28 days to repair the fence. I felt very embarrassed that this was happening as I very much believe in being a responsible dog owner. This is only another drama in the life of Ruff Ruff, Our Labrador Rainbow continues to stay out of trouble. Well I will strive to learn about making a dog proof fence!

2 comments:

  1. We have found that the best way to dog-proof a yard (we have a Siberian Husky) is to sink the fence into at least a foot of underground cement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the hint. We have now poured a foot of cement under the fence. Ruff Ruff has not escaped again

    ReplyDelete