Saturday, October 3, 2009

A bat attacks my dog Ruff Ruff!

We where walking around Forest Lake with my whole family just after sunset, Bats where flying everywhere, when suddenly a Bat darted from the sky onto my dog Ruff ruff. I knew it could be dangerous becuase Bats can carry two fatal viruses Lyssavirus and Hendra virus. I shook Ruff Ruff several times before finally the bat let go. I was not going to touch the bat. The Bat did not fly away, but crawled away up a post and looked exhausted. It is very unusal for a bat to attack a dog unless it has been affected by the Lyssavirus. I grabbed Ruff Ruff away who very much still wanted to attack the bat, I also had Rainbow in my other hand to Control. My 5 year old Boy Patrick was crying in fright after the bat attack so my wife took him back to the car. The bat stayed on the post, but there was little I could do as I had no protective gear and I am not vaccinated against the Lyssavirus. We checked Ruff Ruff and there was no signs of Scraths or bites, so a very lucky escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment